What is listed in IMMS about...
On this screen when a label is scanned, what IMMS knows about the scanned unit will be displayed. The following information can be found for the 4 different unit types:
- LMS status. One of the following:
- On loan
- Discarded (the discard code is displayed in parentheses)
- On hold (part of at least one hold)
- Fulfilling a hold (the pickup branch is displayed in parentheses)
- Fulfilled (the pickup branch is displayed in parentheses)
- Assigned. One of the following (if the item has been assigned):
- Indirect (the assigned branch is displayed in parentheses)
- Direct (the assigned branch is displayed in parentheses)
- IMMS status (if the item is placed in a transport unit)
- Current placement
- Item properties, composed of either the float code, location, sub-location, and item collection or fixed branch, fixed department, location, sub-location, and item collection.
- Title info, where the number of pages, edition, physical description, and periodical information (year, vol., no.) is displayed. Only the information listed for the item is displayed.
- Item ID
- Item type
- Strategy with the strategy consequence in parentheses.
- Item grouping for this branch
- Acquisition date.
- Number of items at the location
- Usage, i.e. item grouping, storage, holds or exhibition.
- Item grouping if applicable
- Destination that describes where the items in the transport unit are on route to:
- No destination means that the transport unit is empty or that the items in the transport unit are not going anywhere.
- Mixed contents means that the items in the transport unit are going to different branches
- Branch X (mixed contents) means that all of the items in the transport unit are going to Branch X and their specific destinations at Branch X vary.
- Branch X (holds shelf) means that all of the items in the transport unit are going to the holds shelf at Branch X.
- Branch X (special handling) means that all of the items in the transport unit must receive special handling at Branch X.
- Branch X (shelving) means that all of the items in the transport unit must be shelved at Branch X.
- Chute, which displays any sorting point and/or chute the transport unit is connected to.
- Number of items in the transport unit
- The name of the chute
- The currently linked transport unit
- The sorting point of the chute
Based on label data, the mobile unit can determine offline which of the aforementioned unit types have been scanned.
Scan a label
On this screen any label can be scanned, and information about the unit will then be displayed.
By clicking on “Show history” and “Show items” respectively, the following dialog boxes are displayed (a transport unit is used as an example)
Note: Maximum the last 15 movements for an item or transport unit are shown.
Note: Using 'long touch' on an element in the list of items, the item-ID will be copied for use in other functions using Android 'Paste'.
If the label is unknown, there is an option to link the label to a unit that is already created in IMMS but without a linked label. Based on the label’s information, it can be determined whether a transport unit, location, or a chute can be linked. The following message is shown:
If “Yes” is selected, you are redirected to Attach new label to...