An item is defined as a physical copy of a title. Items are transferred to IMMS from the LMS.
Aside from the information defined on the title level, an item also contains some item properties from the LMS:
- Status from the LMS (home / on loan / discarded)
- Float code or fixed branch
- Current branch
- Fixed and current LMS department
- Fixed and current location
- Fixed and current sub-location
- Fixed and current item collection
- Acquisition date
- Periodical information (year, number/issue, volume) if it is a periodical
- Whether the item has been loaned through an interlibrary loan
In addition, IMMS adds its own information about the item:
An item is clearly identified by its Item ID, which is managed via the LMS.
Included in IMMS or not
An item is considered to be “outside IMMS” if the following conditions are met:
If an item has been excluded from IMMS, among other things, it affects assignment of the item and automatic life cycle management. Moreover, certain reports will not include the item.