People need to be set up as users in IMMS in order to use the web client and/or IMMS functions on the mobile units. This page makes it possible to manage the system’s users. Existing users can be viewed and edited and new users can be set up. User administration is handled collectively for all branches and the permission to manage users therefore applies to the system of the entire municipality. It is possible to view/edit the following information for a user:
Aside from the information mentioned, it is possible to perform the following operations:
This dialog box is used both for editing an existing user and creating a new user.
|IMMS username field
||Unique IMMS username
||Name associated with the user
|E-mail address field
||E-mail associated with the user
|Picklist for selecting a language
||Language associated with the user
|Picklist for selecting a default branch
||The user’s default branch can be selected from a list of possible branches. If the user is not associated with a specific branch, then the value <None> should be selected.
||A new password for logging onto the IMMS web client can be entered here for a specific user. The password entered must meet the following requirements for complexity to be accepted
- The password must have at least x characters (x is defined by the “Security password min length” parameter)
- The password must contain at least 3 of the following 4 groups: Uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and special characters
- The password must not include the username
- The password must not have been used the last x times a password was chosen (x is defined by the “Security password deny reuse count” parameter)
- The password must be re-entered correctly
|“Password never expires” checkbox
||Indicates whether the password should never expire. If this box is checked, the password will expire within a specific number of days (specified by the “Security password expire time” parameter)
|“Change at next login” checkbox
||Indicates whether the user must provide a new password the next time he/she logs in
|“User blocked” checkbox
||Indicates whether the user is blocked. A user can be blocked as a result of:
A more detailed explanation of user blocking can be found in Introduction to the IMMS web client.
- An administrator has blocked the user
- The user has entered his/her password incorrectly more than x times (defined by the “ Security allowed attempts” parameter)
- The user has attempted to log on more than y times (defined by the “ Security max attempts” parameter)
|“User expires” date field
||Indicate the date when a user expires in the system. If the user should expire on a specific date, then a date is selected in this field. If, on the other hand, the field is left empty, the user will not expire. On or after the selected date, the user will be unable to use the web client.
|“Blocked until” date field + “Release” button
||Indicates how long the user is blocked if applicable. The “Release” button can be used by an administrator to unblock the user.
|User roles table
||Displays a table of roles associated with the selected user. The table contains the following fields
||Please note: Role changes do not take effect until next login
||Displays a dialog box for adding roles to the user (Choose a role and perhaps a branch)
||Removes the selected role from the user